Saturday, April 11, 2015

Preparing For Our First Annual Tour

Our time at the San Tan Mobile Village has been wonderful!  Getting to know our coach,  repairing minor issues and getting to know our new neighbors.  It was so much fun making new friends here, and like us, most were preparing to head back to cold country.  And such a diverse group!  Some from the Dakotas, some from Michigan and one couple we got to know pretty well from New York.  The good news is, we're all looking forward to being back together again at the end of the year ... We gathered often, sharing stories and just visiting ...
 
 

We will miss our Arizona friends and family, both at the park and throughout Phoenix.

(Jackie)  For living in a place for such a short time, it was sad to say goodbye to our neighbors.  My heart was so touched when several of the ladies stopped by the coach to give me a hug before we left. We chatted, laughed and promised each other that when we all returned, we would share our gifts with each other.  Sewing dolls, cookie making, quilt making, and of course mine was cake decorating.  I'm excited to gather with these ladies in the fall to pick up where we left off.

On another note, my heart was breaking to leave our kids, Corey and Danielle, and my little guy, Cash.  Have I mentioned how much I love him??  He's 3 years old and has stolen my heart completely!  I've been a part of his life since he's been born and to hit the road like this really has my heart torn. Thank God I have traveling privileges so I can fly back whenever that little man summons me!  Facetime will be playing a major part in my life, I'm sure! I'm also leaving behind my Mother, my sister, my brother, my niece, my nephew and all of their families!  Also The Kim Komando Show .. Kim, Barry, we consider them a part of our family and a major part of our life for over 10 plus years! (www.komando.com) I'm sure we will be pulling on the resources of Kim Komando for technology issues along the way. Thank you all for the well wishes and support!  We love you all, miss you and will see you again in the fall.

(Hal)  Now, on to prepare for our first annual tour to visit friends and family.  Of course during the time we were working on getting our home sold and find our "Bus", we had pretty much decided where we would be going, and a very loose time table.  We're in no hurry to get any where, but then again, we are.  Our plan included leaving Arizona at the end of March and go to Loveland, Colorado.  We have lots of family in the Denver area, mainly north end of the city.  Later in June we will head up to Wisconsin, in September on to the San Francisco Bay area, and finally back to Arizona after Thanksgiving.  The rule is, after all, if we can't have the top down on the car, we're movin on. LOL! This plan was also essential due to fuel cost calculation that were necessary to include in the budget. .... 
After some work on the coach that included the brake system for the car hauler, going through the systems checks, fluid levels, etc., it would appear we're about ready to go.  Jackie has spent time getting the pantry & freezers packed, making certain we have everything we need for the trip, and probably a whole lot more, knowing her. 

Coming up ..... Hitting the road ...... stay tuned ...

2 comments:

  1. When you're traveling between stops, do you have any 'sites' you want to make sure you see or just stop at whatever catches your eye? Like, when in CO, Garden of the Gods or Pikes Peak.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes & Yes. There are certainly things we want to see, but are always open to stop along the way if we see something of interest .... Lots to do here ........

    ReplyDelete